We are a student-run medical journal and we focus on publishing high-quality work carried out by students. If you have written a piece for a student-selected component, intercalated year, or elective, and would like it to reach a wider audience, please submit it below! Healthcare students of any discipline are welcome to submit, and we also welcome submissions from practising doctors.
We accept articles from any field of medicine or surgery, and welcome both primary research and literature reviews. All articles will be reviewed by one of the in house editors, and if we deem the article potentially suitable for publication, we will send the article for peer review. We are very grateful to our expert peer reviewers in Cambridge and the UK more widely.
If you would like to discuss the suitability of your work with us beforehand, please contact us here. We will respond to all pre-submission enquiries within two working days.
Our submission guidelines can be found here. If chosen for publication, working with the CMJ provides a number of unique advantages:
• Fast turnaround: We aim to provide you with a decision within 3 weeks of submission.
• Diversity: We accept a wide range of topics, from perspectives to original research.
• Peer Reviewed: All articles are peer reviewed by academics in Cambridge, UK.
• Writing Experience: Develop the skills necessary to write for, and be published in, a peer-reviewed journal. Submitting an article to the CMJ represents an excellent opportunity to experience the peer-review process first-hand.
• Boost your CV: Support your future applications with evidence that you can write to a high standard.
• Audience: We have a unique audience that includes medical students and clinicians around the world. This international group will be your article’s audience upon publication.
• Advertisement: We will advertise your work on social media (e.g. through our Facebook and Twitter channels).